The keynote address "Healthy Living with Spina Bifida" by Dr. Dorothy Nary. Dr. Nary is a research associate at the Research and Training Center on Independent Living. Her research focused on health and independent living issues of people with disabilities.
Other sessions included:
- Neurosurgical Updates for Individuals Living with Spina Bifida by Dr. Matthew Adamo
- Promoting Inclusion for Children with SB: Strategies for Parents & Caregivers by Evelyn Loeb, LCSW-R
- Fitness Training for Individuals with Spina Bifida by Ned Norton
- Urological Care for Children by Karla Giramonti, MS FNP
- Managing Your Medical Life by Dr. Dorothy Nary & Barb Devore
- Adaptive Self Defense by Tim Lee
- Nutritional Information for Individuals with Spina Bifida by Linda Crowley, MS, RD, CDN
- Yoga Fun for Kids Ages 5 to 12 & Their Parents by Noreen Santa Maria
- Recreation Opportunities for Teens & Adults: Camping by Don White, Sled Hockey by Bryan Darby, Tennis by Eva Galvin, Kayaking by Barbara Devore, and Sailing by Y-Knott
180 Medical is a proud sponsor of many spina bifida events across the country. We will be participating at the National Spina Bifida Conference in Indianapolis, IN in June so if you are attending be sure to stop by our booth!