Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Site if that information is necessary to provide you with our Site or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
- Registration and Profile Information. If you register, sign up for resources or samples, or participate in surveys, we may ask you for your name, phone number, email address, your interests, and any other information we collect. If you are a clinician, you can create an account to use the E-Script Portal. If you can create an account, we may ask you for your name, email address, practice name, address, phone number, fax number, field consultant, and password.
- Payment Information. When you add a credit card or submit bank account information via our e-billing portal, a third-party service provider that handles billing and payments for us will receive your payment card information.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us with questions about products, insurance coverage, or our services, we will receive your name, phone number, email address, whether you are a current customer, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and any other information that you choose to provide. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Site. If you communicate with us by telephone, we may monitor or record the call or quality and training purposes.
- Careers. When you make inquires concerning career opportunities, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as the highest level of education, employment experience, and information about the type of job you are seeking. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
- Scholarships. If you choose to apply to our scholarship program, we ask you for your name, gender, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, citizenship status, diagnosis information, education information, including high school, SAT or ACT score, GPA, class year, estimated graduation date, college student ID, college acceptance letter, transcript, extracurricular activities, and awards or honors, and any other information we collect. We will collect the information you choose to provide in your application essay or video, such as images of you, recordings of your voice, how your medical condition has affected your life, and your goals for the future.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Site, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, web browser type, operating system version, and mobile advertising identifiers.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Site and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Site when you use it, such as the pages or other content you view as well as the dates, times, and duration of your visits.
- Location Information. When you use our Site, we infer the general physical location of your device and the geographic regions our Users come from. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Site. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Third-Party Platforms. If you choose to submit comments, photos, or content to our pages on third-party platforms, such as Trustpilot, Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, you may choose to include personal information. In such a case, we may receive information about you, including your profile photo, name, and other information you choose to provide. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
- Other Third Parties. We may receive additional information about you such as demographic and census information from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve the convenience and functionality, and otherwise enhance our Site;
- To determine the proper delivery and billing of orders;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information about products and service offerings from us and our vendors and service providers that you have requested or authorized, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional offers and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To send you text messages;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Site and use it for any lawful purpose;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share or otherwise disclose information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with contractors, vendors, service providers, and other third parties retained in connection with the provision of our Site.
- Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with unaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer information about you to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- At Your Direction. We may disclose information about you to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
- Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
- Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with the information we collect, some features of our Site may not work as intended.
We make reasonable efforts to protect information from or about you by using technical and organizational safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Site is hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring information from or about you or your devices outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site. By providing any information, including information from or about you or your devices, on or to the Site, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
You can update your account and profile information through your profile settings or by contacting us at www.180medical.com/contact-us.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please call us at 1-877-688-2729 or log on to www.180medical.com/contact-us.