How to Catheterize
Looking for helpful information regarding catheterization instructions for girls? 180 Medical understands that helping your child learn to self-catheterize or cathing your child is not always easy at first. You may have only been introduced to one type of catheter, or you may not have received in-depth instruction on how to help your child catheterize.
That’s why 180 Medical offers the below resources for how to catheterize for girls, including a personalized catheterization video with step-by-step instructions. As always, if you have any questions, our Catheter Specialists are here to help.
Catheter Instructional Videos
Pediatric Catheters for Girls
A message about closed system catheters from 180 Medical Founder, Todd Brown.
How to Use GentleCath Catheters for Girls
GentleCath provides a helpful online guide for parents/caregivers and their children. You can completely personalize your instructional video with step-by-step instructions for each pediatric catheter type and options including:
- cathing from a wheelchair
- being catheterized by a caregiver/parent
This guide demonstrates how children can empty their bladder through a stoma, a video from Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Bard Touchless Plus Catheter Kit
This guide shows females how to use the Bard Touch Plus Catheter Kit.
This instructional video shows you how to prepare the Rusch FloCath Quick Hydrophilic Catheter Kit or any other similar hydrophilic catheter that requires you to burst a water packet to activate the hydrophilic catheter.
A video demonstrating how to prepare the Hi-Slip Full Plus Hydrophilic Catheter Kit for insertion. Similar to other hydrophilic catheters that require you to pop a water packet to activate the hydrophilic coating.
Printable Literature & Activity Books
Mature content disclaimer: certain content may contain graphic depictions and descriptions of catheterization for informational and educational purposes, which may be offensive to some viewers. 180 Medical disclaims all responsibility for such materials.
- insert_drive_fileGirls – How to Use a Straight Catheter – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileGirls – How to Use a Hydrophilic Catheter – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileGirls – How to Use a Closed System – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileGirls – How to Catheterize Through a Stoma – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileParent’s Guide to Intermittent Catheterization – LoFric
- insert_drive_fileEmma Can Cath!
- insert_drive_fileFelix & Julia Activity Book – LoFric
- insert_drive_fileDerek the Dolphin – LoFric
- insert_drive_fileMy Catheter Activity Book for Girls – Coloplast
- insert_drive_fileMillie Goes to Camp – Hollister
- insert_drive_fileMillie Swimming Success (Bowel) – Hollister
Please note that this is intended to provide a general understanding of self-catheterization. It should not be used in place of a visit, call, or consultation with a physician or other healthcare provider.