We love to inform you of all the newest catheters available. Discover more about a new and easy-to-use intermittent catheter product from Coloplast, the SpeediCath Flex Catheter, the SpeediCath Flex Pro Pocket Catheter, and the new SpeediCath Flex Set.
All About the SpeediCath Flex Catheter
The SpeediCath Flex Pro Catheter offers an all-in-one, discreet, and convenient way to self-cath. With an ultra-flexible insertion tip, you can easily guide the catheter through the urethra and into the bladder, and the dry sleeve surrounding the tube itself allows you to catheterize without ever touching the catheter, offering you a more hygienic and sterile cathing experience. When you’re done, lock the ends together for a clean and discreet way to dispose of the catheter.
The Speedicath Flex Pocket Catheter has the same amazing benefits as the regular size, except it comes in discreet packaging. It’s perfect for pocketing, packing away in luggage, or carrying in a backpack.
The latest update offers Easy-Pack packaging, which makes it easy to open, close, and bring along wherever you go. Additionally, it features less aluminum than earlier releases, so it’s even easier on the environment!
The standard Speedicath Flex Pro Catheteter comes in a 4-inch wide, 9 1/4-inch long pack, while the pocket catheter option clocks in at a mere 3 inches wide. Plus, it’s 2 inches shorter.
Key Features of the SpeediCath Flex Catheter
- Male length
- Easy-Pack compact sizes in both standard and pocket
- Soft-squeeze grip
- Dry sleeve for no-touch insertion
- Hydrophilic coating for a smooth, friction-free insertion
- Flexible, soft omnidirectional insertion tip
- Loop and tug packaging that is easy to open and close back for tidy disposal
- Sterile, single-use
How to Use the SpeediCath Flex Pro Catheter
Here are some easy step-by-step instructions for using the SpeediCath Flex Pro Catheter.
- Wash your hands and gather any accessories you may need, such as disinfecting wipes or gloves, then remove the cover label from the adhesive area on the catheter package, so you can attach it to a clean surface within your reach when you’re ready to open and use it.
- Prepare by using disinfecting wipes, putting on gloves, or laying down a drape on your lap for additional protection, if you prefer.
- Open the packaging using the circular ring to pull the package covering out and then down until you see the gray dots indicating the tear stop.
- Open the catheter by twisting the lock. Be sure to hold both sides of the catheter up so that none of the liquid inside, which helps lubricate the catheter, will escape or drip out. If you use a collection bag for your urine, you can easily connect the catheter to it. Don’t let the flexible tip touch anything before you insert it into your urethra to make sure the entire process stays as sterile as possible.
- After catheterizing, put the ends back together and twist the lock to seal the catheter. You can put it back inside the collection bag and close it to dispose of it hygienically and without a mess.
For more information about catheterization, you can visit www.howtocath.com, which offers instructions for men, women, and children in all options from straight, hydrophilic, and closed systems.
Which Coloplast catheters does 180 Medical carry?
180 Medical is proud to carry all Coloplast catheters, including compact catheters, straight catheters, coudé catheters, hydrophilic catheters, closed system catheters, and more.
How can I find the catheter that’s right for me?
Just contact us to speak to one of our trained, friendly specialists. We’ll be glad to help find the right intermittent catheter that best fits your individual preferences and needs. We can also verify your insurance to determine if and how these products are covered on your policy.
Our friendly, trained specialists can walk you through the catheterization process and send you free Coloplast catheter samples to try out.