We love to keep you informed on the new catheter and ostomy products on the market. Find out more about a new and easy-to-use intermittent catheter product from Coloplast, the SpeediCath Flex Coudé Pro Catheter, and the SpeediCath Flex Coudé Pro Pocket Catheter.
What Should I Know About the SpeediCath Flex Coudé Pro Catheter?
About the SpeediCath Flex Coudé Pro Catheter
The SpeediCath Flex Coudé Pro Catheter is a newly released catheter that offers an all-in-one, discreet, and convenient way to self-cath. With an ultra-flexible insertion tip, you can easily guide the catheter through the urethra and into the bladder, and the dry sleeve surrounding the tube itself allows you to catheterize without ever touching the catheter, offering you a more hygienic and sterile cathing experience. When you’re done, simply lock the ends back together for a clean and discreet way to dispose of the catheter.
Speedicath Flex Coudé Pro Pocket Catheter features all the same amazing benefits of the regular size, except it comes in discreet packaging. It’s perfect for pocketing, packing away in luggage, or carrying in a backpack.
The latest update offers Easy-Pack packaging, which makes it easy to open, close, and bring along wherever you go. Additionally, it features less aluminum than earlier releases, so it’s even easier on the environment!
The size of the standard Speedicath Flex comes in a 4-inch wide, 9 1/4-inch long pack, while the pocket catheter option clocks in at a mere 3 inches wide. Plus, it’s 2 inches shorter in length than the standard Easy-Pack of the regular Flex catheter.
Key Features of the SpeediCath Flex Coudé Pro
- Male length
- Easy-Pack compact sizes in both standard and pocket
- Soft-squeeze grip
- Dry sleeve for no-touch insertion
- Hydrophilic coating for a smooth, friction-free insertion
- Flexible, soft coudé insertion tip
- Loop and tug packaging that is easy to open and close back for tidy disposal
- Sterile, single-use
How do I use the SpeediCath Flex Coudé Pro Catheter?
Here are some easy step-by-step instructions for using the the SpeediCath Flex Pro Catheter.
- Wash your hands and gather any accessories you may need, such as disinfecting wipes or gloves, then remove the cover label from the adhesive area on the catheter package, so you can attach it to a clean surface within your reach when you’re ready to open and use it.
- Prepare by using disinfecting wipes, putting on gloves, or laying down a drape on your lap for additional protection, if you prefer.
- Open the packaging by using the circular ring to pull the package covering out and then down until you see the gray dots indicating the tear stop.
- Open the catheter by twisting the lock. Be sure to hold both sides of the catheter up so that none of the liquid inside, which helps lubricate the catheter, will escape or drip out. If you use a collection bag for your urine, you can easily connect the catheter to it. Don’t let the flexible tip touch anything before you insert it into your urethra to make sure the entire process stays as sterile as possible.
- After catheterizing, simply put the ends back together and twist the lock to seal the catheter. You can put it back inside the collection bag and close it to dispose of it hygienically and without a mess.
For more information about the process of catheterization, you can visit www.howtocath.com, which offers instructions for men, women, and children in all options from straight, hydrophilic, and closed systems.
Disclaimer: Please note that this is intended to provide a general understanding of how to self-cath. However, it should not be used in place of the recommendations for how you should catheterize based on your personal anatomy and needs. For personal instructions, consult with your prescribing physician.
Also, you can contact us at 180 Medical where one of our friendly, trained specialists can walk you through the process of catheterization and send you samples of the Flex to try out. We also offer one-of-a-kind instructional materials that can be sent to you with your order, including printed color brochures and a DVD.
Which Coloplast products does 180 Medical carry?
180 Medical is proud to carry a wide variety of Coloplast catheter products, including their Compact catheters, straight catheters, coudé catheters, hydrophilic catheters, closed system catheters, and more.
We also provide catheters from all of the major brands available on the market today.
How can I find the catheter that’s right for me?
Just contact us to speak to one of our trained, friendly specialists. We’ll be glad to help find the right intermittent catheter that will best fit your individual preferences and needs, and we can also verify your insurance to determine if and how these products are covered on your policy.