COVID-19, which is also known as coronavirus, is on everyone’s minds during these times. Officially discovered in 2019 and named in 2020 by the World Health Organization (WHO), COVID-19 causes symptoms including a dry cough, fever, and difficulty breathing in more severe cases. Given its current impact, many people are understandably seeking out more information and resources regarding COVID-19, including its impact on individuals living with conditions like spinal cord injury, spina bifida, and more. 180 Medical is dedicated to providing you with the information you need to stay healthy and safe, so we’ve prepared a guide filled with helpful resources.
What does the COVID-19 pandemic mean for 180 Medical and our customers?
180 Medical has taken this situation seriously regarding our customers’ and employees’ safety and health. The majority of our workforce has transitioned to working remotely from home while sheltering in place. However, this change has not affected our normal hours of operation. We remain available for our customers during normal business hours while exercising safe social distancing practices. We are especially proud that these COVID-19 precautions have not resulted in any shipping delays.
Additionally, we want you to know that our Shipping Specialists are taking additional safety precautions such as wearing gloves and masks while they pack, handle, and ship our customers’orders.
If you’d like more details regarding how 180 Medical is handling this situation, tips to reduce the risk of contamination of your supplies, and more, please see our comprehensive post here.
Government Resources Regarding COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers the most objective information concerning COVID-19, including resources for symptom assessment and advice for seeking testing if you believe you or someone you know has been exposed to the coronavirus. The federal government has issued a national plan, but the response in your area may differ depending on the severity of the COVID-19 infections in your region.
- CDC Coronavirus Symptoms & Testing
- CDC Handwashing Guidelines
- COVID-19 Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Federal Government Coronavirus FAQ
- Social Security and Coronavirus
- Medicare and Coronavirus
For regular updates on COVID-19 and the federal government’s response, you can subscribe to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) email newsletter.
Adjusting to the New Normal at Home During COVID-19 Pandemic
As we all continue to shelter in place during this national emergency, here are some helpful resources for coping and adjusting to these new changes.
- Resources for Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 8 Tips for Working From Home with Kids During COVID-19
- Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety
- How to Cope With Disrupted Family Routines During COVID-19
Additional COVID-19 Resources Regarding Specific Medical Conditions
180 Medical recognizes many of our customers live with medical conditions that could potentially leave them more vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are several organizations and resources for our customers.
Physical Disabilities and COVID-19
Latex Allergy and COVID-19
Autism and COVID-19
- Autism Speaks – COVID-19 Information and Resources
- The Autism Society – Coronavirus Response and Resources
Spina Bifida and COVID-19
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) and COVID-19
- United Spinal Association – COVID-19: Disability-Specific Information
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation – Coronavirus and Spinal Cord Injury
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and COVID-19
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America – Coronavirus and MS
- National MS Society – Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
Ostomy and COVID-19
Cancer and COVID-19
- The American Cancer Society – Coronavirus, COVID-19, and Cancer
- Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) – COVID-19 and Bladder Cancer FAQ