Are you interested in keeping up-to-date on the available catheter and ostomy supplies available on the market today? At 180 Medical, we believe that educating and informing customers is a great way to make sure you know all of your options, so we love to share the scoop on what makes some of the many products we carry so great. Today, find out a little more about a product just for ostomates: Convatec Eakin Cohesive® Seals.
What Are Eakin Cohesive® Seals?
If you ever find yourself having issues with leakage around your stoma with your normal skin barrier, this product might be a good option for you!
These moldable, moisture-absorbing rings can be manipulated into various shapes to accommodate just about any stoma size. Eakin seals may be a great addition to your ostomy pouching system because they act as a sort of putty to fill in any possible gaps between the skin surrounding the stoma and your pouch, thereby reducing the possibility of embarrassing leaks from your ostomy system.
All About Eakin Seals
Convatec Eakin Seals, which feature Cohesive® technology, have some unique features you may want to know about, including:
- Moldable to the precise fit of your unique stoma
- Prevents leaks and offers skin protection
- Absorbs more moisture than other stoma seals*
- Alcohol-free (so it won’t sting your skin)
- Resistant to fungal growth
- Increased wear-time
- Very skin-friendly, even for those with sensitive or already damaged skin
- Resistant to drying out
- Does not lose its stickiness — in fact, the more you handle it, the better
- Does not expire
- Can be broken or cut and rejoined to fit around more difficult sites
- Forms a gel that protects the skin
- Can be used with all skin barriers and pouching systems
- Especially great for those with flush or retracted stomas
- Suitable for all types of ostomies, including an ileostomy, colostomy, or urostomy
Eakin Seals Sizing Options
The Eakin seals come in four main varieties, as shown below. You can also contact one of our Ostomy Specialists to help you determine the right size for your individual needs.
How Do You Use Eakin Cohesive® Seals?
Ready to try a sample or find out more about this great ostomy product? Give us a call to speak with an Ostomy Specialist. We’ll be happy to help you find the right ostomy supplies for your needs.
*”Effect of a long life ostomy seal on fecal enzyme activity” by Dr. Grace McGroggan, TG Eakin Ltd, and Dr. Lorraine Martin, Queens University, Belfast