Interested in keeping up with the latest catheter and ostomy products available on the market? 180 Medical is always ready to share the details on new products with you! Today, we’d like to introduce you to the GentleCath Glide.
Key Features of the GentleCath Glide
The Glide is a recently launched low-friction hydrophilic catheter with options for both men and women that was specifically designed with FeelClean™ technology to reduce the mess left behind by lubrication after cathing. It’s a fast and easy option for those who want a comfortable, super-smooth catheterization experience from start to finish. Simply break the included water sachet to coat the catheter and activate the low-friction hydrophilic surface, and it’s ready to go with no additional waiting time. The No-Touch sleeve helps make insertion more simple and lessens the risk of contamination from your hands, which may also reduce the risk of infection.
GentleCath Glide Product Features
- Manufactured without DEHP or latex
- No-Touch handling sleeve to minimize the risk of infection
- Water sachet included for activation
- FeelClean™ technology reduces mess
- Hydrophilic surface
- Available in both male length (16 inches) and female length (6 inches)
How to Use the GentleCath Glide
ConvaTec offers a helpful online video guide that you can quickly and easily personalize for yourself. You can choose from instructions for adults, children, or parent/caregiver as well as options between male, female, and whether you are a wheelchair-user or not.
Once you have selected the options that fit your situation best, a personalized video will be ready for you to watch, offering step-by-step instructions for this easy-to-use hydrophilic catheter. Personalize your GentleCath Glide instructional video here.
- Once you have prepared for catheterization by washing your hands, or putting on gloves and using a disinfecting swab or wipe on the area of your urethra, lay out the GentleCath Glide in front of you.
- Make sure the included sterile water sachet is near the funnel end of the catheter. Then break the sachet by pressing on the blue guide dot.
- Let the water coat the entire tube from end to tip.
- Now, your GentleCath Glide is ready to use with no waiting or setting a timer!
- Open the package by peeling apart the easy-open tabs.
- Be sure to handle the catheter by the funnel and the included blue No-Touch sleeve as you insert it. This will help you to avoid contaminating the catheter with your hands.
For step-by-step information about how to catheterize, you can visit our helpful site www.howtocath.com, which offers instructions for men, women, and children in all options from straight, hydrophilic, and closed systems.
Also, feel free to contact us at 180 Medical. One of our friendly Product Specialists can help. Plus, we offer one-of-a-kind instructional materials that can be sent to you with your order, including printed color brochures and a DVD.
Which GentleCath products does 180 Medical carry?
180 Medical is proud to carry the full catheter product line from GentleCath, including GentleCath straight catheters, GentleCath coudé catheters, GentleCath hydrophilic catheters, GentleCath closed system catheter kits, and more.
How can I find the catheter that’s right for me?
Contact 180 Medical to speak to one of our trained, friendly specialists. We’ll listen to what you want and need in a catheter. Then, we’ll help you customize an order that’s just right for you. Additionally, we can send you free catheter samples, including free GentleCath samples. Just contact us today!