How to Catheterize
Are you looking for information regarding urinary catheterization for boys? We understand that it can be difficult to cath your child at first. You may have only been introduced to one type of catheter, or you may not have received in-depth instruction on how to help your child catheterize. To assist parents/caregivers and their boys in learning how to cath, 180 Medical offers the following helpful resources.
If you have any questions, our Catheter Specialists are here to help.
Catheter Instructional Videos
Pediatric Catheters for Boys
A message about pediatric catheters from 180 Medical Founder Todd Brown.
How to Use GentleCath Catheters for Boys
GentleCath provides a helpful online guide for parents/caregivers and their children. You can completely personalize your instructional video with step-by-step instructions for each catheter type and options including:
- cathing from a wheelchair
- being catheterized by a caregiver/parent
This instructional video shows you how to use the Rusch MMG H2O Hydrophilic Closed System Catheter.
Video demonstrating how to use the Rusch MMG Closed System Catheter.
A video demonstrating how to use the MTG Kiddie-Kath® urinary pediatric catheter designed for children.
Printable Literature & Activity Books
Mature content disclaimer: certain content may contain graphic depictions and descriptions of catheterization for informational and educational purposes, which may be offensive to some viewers. 180 Medical disclaims all responsibility for such materials.
- insert_drive_fileBoys – How to Use a Straight Catheter – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileBoys – How to Use a Hydrophilic Catheter – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileBoys – How to Use a Closed System – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileHow to Catheterize Through a Stoma – 180 Medical
- insert_drive_fileParent’s Guide to Intermittent Catheterization – LoFric
- insert_drive_fileEthan Can Cath!
- insert_drive_filePediatric Urinary Tract Infections – Spina Bifida Association (SBA)
- insert_drive_fileFelix & Julia Activity Book – LoFric
- insert_drive_fileDerek the Dolphin – LoFric
- insert_drive_fileMy Catheter Activity Book for Boys – Coloplast
- insert_drive_fileA Boys’ Guide to Using a Catheter – Hollister and Pediatric Urology Nurses and Specialists (PUNS)
- insert_drive_fileRussell Goes to Camp – Hollister
- insert_drive_fileRussell Swimming Success (Bowel) – Hollister
- insert_drive_fileHarry’s Story – Pediatric Coloring Book – Hollister
Please note that this is intended to provide a general understanding of self-catheterization. It should not be used in place of a visit, call, or consultation with a physician or other healthcare provider.