If you’ve had a colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy or any other form of ostomy procedure, then you need the right kind of supplies for your specific condition in order to maintain your health and well-being. But finding the provider for your supply needs can sometimes feel like you’re searching through a maze. Not all medical supply companies are equal.
Here are a few suggestions of what you should look for in an ostomy supply company:
- Direct billing to your insurance. There is no reason you should have to deal with the insurance company after every purchase. Find a company with knowledgeable
billing staff that specialize in third-party billing and will bill your insurance directly, meaning less paperwork, less time of the phone, and less headache for you.
- Respectful discretion. While having an ostomy is nothing to be ashamed about, it’s not necessarily something you want to explain more than you have to. That’s why you should be able to count on protection of your privacy by your ostomy supplies company, from discreet packaging to careful policies in who they talk to and what they disclose, especially when calling their customers.
- Free home delivery and well-stocked inventory. Local pharmacies may not always have the items you need readily available, plus you’ll have to pick up the items yourself most of the time. When it comes to necessary medical supplies, you need a company that you can really rely upon to have the supplies you need and deliver them direct to your door.
- Friendly, live customer assistance. How much do you loathe automated customer service lines with long hold times and automated menus, and then when you finally speak to a representative, you’re treated like just another number? An ostomy supplies company that truly cares about their customers will not force people to talk to a robot or wade through countless menus. Instead, they’ll offer the ability to speak with a live human being during business hours right away, who can give you personalized, knowledgeable customer service.
- A supplier that will work with your physician. You may have been using ostomy supplies for years and know exactly what you need. Or you may be new to this and unsure which supply type is the best choice for you, due to the wide variety of ostomy supplies. Look for a company that will work with you and your physician directly to obtain any
necessary prescriptions for your supplies and figure out what works best for your needs.
180 Medical has provided superior service and quality catheter and ostomy supplies to customers for years. Give us a call or contact us on live chat to see why so many choose and stay with us for their much-needed supplies.